If you’re looking for a cruisy and delicious way to enjoy some warming oats, then this is the recipe for you.
Baked oats is an easy (but slower) way to enjoy your porridge. What I love about it is that it tastes so creamy and the baked fruit is so delicious – I want some right now!
Of course, you’re also getting the nutritional benefits of having low GI wholegrains, fruit, protein and just general deliciousness.
Baked Choc Apple Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 cup milk (I used Vitasoy Soy Milk)
- 1 apple, cut into bite sized pieces with some for decoration
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1tbs walnuts, crused
- 1 scoop choc protein powder (I used White Wolf Vegan Choc Mint) OR cacao to taste with some maple syrup to sweeten
- Fruit to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Lightly grease a single serve baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the oats, milk and protein powder (or cacao and mapl syrup) in the dish and mix until combined. Use as much or as little milk as you like (it dries up quickly when baking so it’s okay if it’s quite milky).
- Add in the apple, chia seeds and walnuts. Leave some apple slices on top to bake.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked to liking. Remove from oven, dress with some other delicious fruits, and enjoy!